Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Teaching English

Teaching English is a wonderfull job. It gives me the opportunity to impart to others what I know about the 4 communication skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. A lot of people need this to go further in their field of endeavour. Some teachers feel that this is a thankless job, since this needs a lot of planning, studying and dealing with people with different personalities. For me, I see this as gratifying especially, when I see my students improving. You have to love this profession to stay in it.

I've had the experience of teaching senior managers, supervisors and technical assistants of a large company and i tell you it is a challenge, but i never backed down. Later on, I was able to build up their enthusiasm by using different methods of learning and every one of my students who came to class every day improved.

For me teaching english is an art.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i very much agree. am glad you enjoy your profession so much:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Eduardo,

I am a certified ESL teacher. We have a large Hispanic population in my area who are eager to learn English. I volunteer to teach part time. I find it rewarding and a blessing to teach English.

Ken Losey said...

Eduardo,

Thanks for those encouraging words that you posted to my blog. And I enjoyed reading your blog: the recent post has some great tips, and the earlier post is inspiring. Yes, I think teaching English will be a wonderful job, and one that I’ll enjoy. I love words, languages, and the methods/arts of teaching and learning them. It’s fascinating to me to be learning how to teach a language while trying to learn one myself – Mandarin. I look forward to reading more of your blog, and hopefully learning from your experience.
Thanks again.

Ken Losey
Santa Rosa, CA